What is forging?
Forging is one of the important methods of metal processing. The main purposes of forgings are: forming and modification (to improve mechanical properties and internal organization). The latter is difficult to achieve by other technological methods. In addition, forging production also has the advantages of saving metal, high production efficiency, flexibility and so on.
Through forging, the pores and pores in the casting structure can be compacted, and the coarse casting structure (dendrite grain) is broken into fine grains, forming fiber structure. The mechanical properties of parts can be improved when the fiber structure is reasonably distributed along the parts contour. Therefore, forging parts of high strength, can withstand large impact load.
The use of forging
Forgings are generally used to process forgings with a certain shape and size.
Casting is an economical method of forming blanks, usually for parts with complex shapes.
Advantages and disadvantages of forging and casting:
Forging can eliminate the defects of as-cast porosity and optimize the microstructure. At the same time, the mechanical properties of the forgings are generally superior to those of the same material because of the preservation of the integrity of the metal streamline. Forgings are mostly used for important parts with heavy load and bad working conditions in related machinery, except for rolled plates, profiles or welding parts with simple shapes.
1. It can produce parts with complex shapes, especially blanks with complex cavities.
2. Wide adaptability. Metals commonly used in industry can be cast, ranging from a few grams to several hundred tons.
3. Raw materials from a wide range of sources and low prices, such as scrap steel, scrap parts, chips, etc.
4. The shape and size of the casting are very close to the parts, which reduces the cutting amount and belongs to non-cutting processing.
5. It is widely used. 40% ~ 70% of the weight of agricultural machinery and 70% ~ 80% of the weight of machine tools are castings.
1. Mechanical properties are not as good as forgings, such as coarse structure and many defects.
2. In sand casting, single piece, small batch production, high labor intensity of workers.
3. The casting quality is unstable, the process is many, the influence factors are complex, and it is easy to produce many defects.
Leading manufacturer of metallic processing machines
Foshan Te Xiang Machinery Co., Ltd is a China leading manufacturer of metallic processing machines, including slitting line, cut to length line, stainless steel polishing line, ERW tube mill line, roll forming machines, embossing line and etc.
You are welcome to inquire with the drawing or sample. And if you have any questions about our flying shear cut to length line, welcome to send an email to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Official French data shows that for three consecutive days, there were more than 140,000 new confirmed cases in a single day in France: 145,560 new cases on the 23rd, 148,635 new cases on the 24th, and 143,571 new cases on the 25th. The daily average…
The unique alloy composition design of IN718 makes it have good comprehensive properties, namely higher strength, creep resistance and fatigue life, good ductility, excellent oxidation resistance, especially under 650℃, its mechanical properties Has…
Nickel-based alloys refer to a class of alloys that have high strength and a certain degree of oxidation and corrosion resistance at a high temperature of 650 to 1000 ℃.…